Thursday 4 June 2015

Loads of stuff..

Howdy

Yes, I've been slack on the blog-front. Sorry. I have been meaning to post up new stuff, but time sometimes conspires against me (I'm sure you know how that works).

So I've settled into my new studio. It is still a bit of a mess, but I'm getting there. Photos next time!

NEW PRINTS
I have several new prints to show you, a few Sheffield ones, a new donkey, a turtle a dinosaur and a bird!

Firstly I have created a new A3 one-colour screen-print version of 'Sheffield City View No.4'. Quite a few people had been asking if I had a hand-printed version of this, so I've created a new edition (of 32). It is a view looking across the city from Meersbrook.

















Next, I have created my biggest donkey yet! Entitled 'Mystery Donkey No.1', it is an A2 size two-colour screen-print, in an edition of 20. What with being mysterious, I can't tell you much about him...



















Next, I have created two A3-size poster-print versions of my 'Sheffield City View No.5' linocut. in blackcurrant & blue and green & orange. A view through Nether Edge in the city, if you know it.









Next, I have created a A3  poster-print version of my 'Grouse' linocut. Curious wee bird I saw recently while on holiday in North Yorkshire. I'd never seen one in the flesh (feather) before! Is is available only in my NOTHS shop.












 

Next, I have created a new A3 poster-print entitled 'Peloton'. I will be 'launching' this at the Eroica Britannia cycling festival in Bakewell (see in EVENTS for more info), and after it will be available in my Folksy shop.


















Next, I was asked by Museums Sheffield to create a special commissioned print to mark the reopening of the Metalwork Gallery in the Millennium Galleries. The main object in the gallery is a large metal turtle, so it seemed appropriate! It is a limited edition A3 poster-print (edition of 40), only available from the galleries.






Finally, I have created an exclusive version of my 'Deinonychus!' poster-print for Museums Sheffield for the shop in Weston Park Museum. It is only available there in an edition of 40 copies.

















WORKSHOPS
I have an 'Intro To Linocut' workshop available for booking currently, on Sat 4th July 2015. Places cost £35 per person, and 8 places are available at each workshop (currently there are three places left!). No experience is necessary and all materials provided. At the end of the workshop you'll come out with a one-colour linocut print, and of course, your precious lino! Email me on jgprintworks@hotmail.com if you'd like to book a place.




EVENTS
I've got these events coming up in June



 The Art Market, Holmfirth Indoor Market, Holmfirth HD9 3JH
Sunday 14th June 2015, 10am-4pm

Looking forward to one of my favourite events of the year!









Eroica Britannia, The Bakewell Showground, Bakewell, Derbyshire, DE45 1AQ
19th/20th/21st June 2015

This is primarily a festival celebrating cycling and nostalgia, but there are all sorts of other things going on, including lots of live bands, food and drink, kids activities and, of course, arts and crafts! There are all sorts of races going on, and camping too. Sounds crazy!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment