Friday 10 August 2012

August / September 2012 goings on..

Howdy

August was supposed to be a quiet one, but grand plans and all that. Still, I've had a little time to think about new works before the Autumn/Winter season grabs hold.

EVENTS

I'm taking part in the following fairs/events in August and September:

Mary's Marvellous Vintage & Craft Market, Bramall Lane, Sheffield - Sat 25th August, 10am-4pm. Great established Sheffield fair, with really good quality and variety of wares.

Art In The Gardens, Botanical Gardens, Sheffield - Sat 1st/Sun 2nd September, 10am-4pm. One of the biggest art events in Sheffield. It was great last year, so looking forward to it!

Makers Fair, Victoria Hall, Saltaire - Sat 8th September, 10am-4pm. Part of the Saltaire Arts Trail, and a fair that makers travel a fair way to take part in. Again, if last year is anything to go by, it'll be dead good.

Mary's Marvellous Vintage & Craft Market, Bramall Lane, Sheffield - Sat 22nd September, 10am-4pm. As before!


NEW WORKS

I've just completed a new landscape, and fairly recently completed a new bird linocut.

The 'Monsal Trail' is a view I came across by accident on the way back from a craft fair in Cheshire. I stopped the car, needing a little fresh air, looked over a wall and this was pretty much the view I got. I don't normally go for rural landscapes, but I just loved the drama of the scene. It took quite a while to complete, so I'm pretty chuffed now its done! The trail (actually in Derbyshire) is an old abandoned railway line that is now a really beautiful cycle and foot path.
























'Terns' is just a composition of three seabirds at work and play. Beautiful birds. I'm certainly no ornithologist, but I find them fascinating creatures.
























I'm now working on some new plate designs, a regretful donkey poster-print and hopefully some ceramic donkeys too (fingers crossed!). I'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

  1. I was with you when you took that photo. Feeling very special now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ta! was a stroke of luck finding that view, wasn't it?!

    ReplyDelete