Well, the busiest part of the year is here. Lots of fairs, markets and events (and hopefully not as much snow as last year!).
Here are the events I'm selling at during this period:
1. Crucible Craft Fair - Sat 22nd October, 10am-4pm I'll be selling my work at this event for the first time. The Crucible Theatre has started hosting craft fairs and workshop over the latter half of 2011. The fair will feature handmade art and craft from the region, and the possibility of spotting a luvvie or two on site!
2. The Art Market, Holmfirth Sun 6th November 10am-4pm
The renowned art market strikes again. 50 artists, painting, sculpture, ceramics, prints and more. I attended this in May and was blown away by the quality of the arts, and the enthusiasm of the browsers and organisers. So, looking forward to this one!
3. The Menagerie at The Cross Scythes, Monday 7th November 7.30pm-11pmA pop-up gallery/shop for one evening, at the Cross Scythes in Totley, Sheffield. As well as my work, there will be sculptures by Fenella Noble, Red Bear Jewellery and Panga Designs woodcraft.
4. Mary's Marvellous Vintage & Craft Fair, Sat 12th November 10am-4pm
Following on from the success of their first fair, St Mary's Church on Bramall Lane, Sheffield hosts a festive fair, packed full of quality craft and vintage items, and some really nice cakes too!
5. Winter Craft Fair 2011, Saturday 19th November 10am-4pm
A new fair in Sheffield Uni's Students Union, and a pretty big one too. Be prepared studentsville..
6. Wentworth Castle Festive Fair, Sunday 20th November 10am-4pm
45 stalls of festive gift, craft and farm produce in a pretty impressive location in Barnsley.
7. Carfield Primary School Christmas Fair, Saturday 26th November 11am-4pm
Annual festive event in Meersbrook, Sheffield, with plenty of locals craftspeople in attendance.
8. Reetsweet@ The Millenium Gallery: Christmas Fair, Sunday 27th November 12pm-4pm
Reetsweet comes to Sheffield! 'No ordinary craft fair', this one comes as a successor to the Craft Candy fairs, and will bring some pretty special crafts along.
9. Kelham Island Victorian Market, Sat/Sun 3rd/4th December 10am-7pm
In its 19th year, this Sheffield event should be pretty exciting! All stall-holders have to dress Victorian for the occasion, so that'll be fun! Probably the mostly Christmassy event you can imagine. A big market, enough said.
10. Elsecar Christmas Craft Fair, Sat/Sun 10th/11th December 10am-4pm
A right-whopper of a craft event, with textiles, art, homewares, books and food, oh and a brass band!
11. Union Christmas Craft Market, Sheffield University, Tues 13th December 11am-3pm
On the traditional students' Christmas Eve (not the real eve, but the day before the students finish for christmas), a craft event held in the Students Union.
12. Saltaire Handmade Fair, Saturday 17th December 10am-3pm
To finish off my festive fairs, an event in the town that seems to live for art and crafts! Handmade crafts, artwork, photography, traditional home baking, textiles, jewellery, gifts, knit & crochet, and more.
I might sneak another event in this list somewhere, so watch this space!
Oh, nearly forgot..I have just made some plates with my designs on ('The Crow' and 'An Uncomfortable Silence') with a little help from Lianne Mellor. I will have a limited supply of these at the forthcoming events, and they won't be in my Folksy shop.
(Stop press - all plates sold out now, sorry!)